Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Five O'clock






Big day. I actually painted this without any reference material at all. I figured what the hell- I've spent a lifetime sketching woods, I must be able to come up with something. It's stiffer than I would like but you must start somewhere.
I spent a lot of time as a kid walking\playing in woods like this. Back when a kid could spend a day playing in the woods. In the late 1950's , my Dad started a gun club in Macomb County, Michigan. (Sport  shooting) Last I checked , it was still going strong. The early members all had kids and would bring them on Sat. and Sun. while they worked or shot trap.The kids ran wild in the woods, making up games and forts and challenges. Can you imagine unsupervised play in a woods today? With shooting in the background???

No comments:

Post a Comment