Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Riverview Park





I can't say this is a new painting. I did it before I started painting daily. This version is in pastel. I did it again a few weeks ago in oil, much smaller and cropped. I really think its OK to do a painting more than once. Sometimes you learn something you use next time. Or things get rearranged, or colors shift. That didn't happen here. It's basically the same view in different media. Oh well. I'm just desperate to post something. I can not produce a backlog of paintings to fill in at slow times. Not yet.
I'm taking a fall pastel painting class starting 9/17 at the Flint Institute of Art. Some times switching media for awhile has an energizing effect on all your work. And, my husband will be in physical therapy by then.

No comments:

Post a Comment