Monday, July 6, 2015

Thunder Bay





Hope everyone had a great holiday. We worked our buts off for four days. Literally, I lost three pounds. Anyway. I started back with no idea what to paint. I had trouble getting the paint out of the tube. But I learned some new things about painting this weekend. I read  Eternal Truths for Every Artist by Harley Brown. I have new concepts to think about like dominant value and lost edges. I really enjoyed the book. One of the chapters ( 11)  is just encouragement for artists when you don't know what to do. It works
This painting has a kind of sunny green that doesn't photograph well. I tried 2 cameras. Good to know . I don't really like how this turned out. The fence is off, but I am happy with some of the paint handling.  I'm trying for looser, more ambiguous strokes which,  when combined, make up an interesting image . I will go to the actual spot in a few weeks and see how it works out.

No comments:

Post a Comment