Sunday, June 14, 2015

Trees Everywhere



We spent last week camping in Mammoth Cave National Park in Kentucky. I got to do four little paintings outside. This was the first day- a view from our campsite. At the time, I thought it went well but I repeated it on the last day and it felt better. I learned something on this trip. Like an "aha" moment that's bound to change the way I paint. The second day produced a disaster and was thrown out. But I realized my sketches and photos for a painting need to be more specific. Having a really clear idea of what you are about to paint is key. The painting doesn't develop as you're doing it. Anyway, that wasn't the moment. It came with the third painting.
The trip was a great success. Great weather, two interesting cave tours and a wonderful day of canoeing on the Green River. And, man was it green. Oh- and an afternoon at the National Corvette Museum in Bowling Green. Great times!

No comments:

Post a Comment