Sunday, May 31, 2015

Spring Iris, Again




37x40
40x30
40x30
                                                
Irises are my second favorite flower to paint. Spring comes along and it's time to get out the big boards and paint irises. All large, all unfinished. These are sad iris paintings from years past. The middle one is on illustration board with tempera. I also tried oil, ink, pastel, crayolas and pencil and watercolor. This years try feels wonderful. It's complete, fast and loose. I am loving working small because the work doesn't have a chance to become precious. If you make it precious, you agonize over it and it ceases to be fun.




2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jacqui, you're so sweet. You are my first commentor thet isn't family. You made my day!

    ReplyDelete